Things are getting more and more eccentric at Casa de la Swain. Changing styles in my textile work, falling in love again with painting and photography...and then there is the ever illusive quest for continuing creativity through working with Eric Maisel. Still on the road teaching, posting now at the Ragged Cloth Cafe and taking the pledge to keep handmaiden up to date.

Saturday, February 02, 2008

Finally Feeling Better

Got home walking on my knees. Spent an entire day sleeping in bed,but finally coming back to semi-normal. Still have a cold but no fever and not coughing every five minutes. My fingers are crossed that I don't relapse on my next trip. Leaving Monday for California, returning on the 8th. Planning on taking very good care while on the road.
However, being laid up is not such a bad thing. Kept my sketch book close at hand, along with a good book and my computer close so I could listen to old radio shows on live365.com. Something about radio and music sparks the imagination that television often robs us of.....so in my feverish state ended up with some new possibilities for quilts.

You can tell they are still in the working stages but it felt so good to have new ideas.The well had been a dribble for so long...now I feel there is plenty of fresh water.

Also with the help of Eric Maisel, we have a major work/exhibition in the planning stages.Can't talk too much about it at the moment since it is still gestating...but will post more later.

It is just good to be moving off the plateau and climbing the rocks again. Thank you all for your email and comments....always brightens your spirits when you are feeling like you can't put one foot in front of the other.


Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Unknown said...

what lovely lyrical designs. Can't wait to see what you create with them

Jeannie said...

I am so glad you are feeling better. I really like Patricia's comment - lyrical really is a good word to describe your designs - just beautiful. Take care of yourself. Cheers

Anonymous said...

Good grief....if you can do THIS while sick! You amaze me.

Still, I hope you are feeling better and STAY that way.

teri