Things are getting more and more eccentric at Casa de la Swain. Changing styles in my textile work, falling in love again with painting and photography...and then there is the ever illusive quest for continuing creativity through working with Eric Maisel. Still on the road teaching, posting now at the Ragged Cloth Cafe and taking the pledge to keep handmaiden up to date.

Saturday, August 23, 2008

Surprise! Surprise! I'm Still Alive!



Hello everybody! Just when you thought it was safe, I am back. Thanks to everyone who has emailed, asked about handmaiden in classes and called to see how things were going. It has been a busy summer. I haven't been making quilts but have been teaching tons. I also got to spend time with most of the family.

Pictured above from l to r: Jace, Gaia, Jene and Jayden. Gaia is Craig's daughter; the rest of the gang belong to the happy couple below,
Chris and Jillaine. Gaia and I drove to San Antonio to spend a week with another Swain family. We stayed up late, went shopping, painted t-shirts.....how did I get wrangled into that?



Here I am with the gang. Of course, we are eating. What else would I be doing?



Other points of interest: I found a way to get some time off from a retired husband. Y'all will get a kick out of this one. I stared playing poker. Yep, you got it. NoLimit Texas Holdem.....what fun. Like most people my age, my parents taught me to play cards when I was a child. Gin rummy, 5 card draw, later canasta; in college, hearts and spades, penny ante poker and finally bridge. Sooo, it isn't surprising that I would love poker. Plus it gets me out of the house anytime I want.

Am I giving up quilting to play poker? Hmm, probably not but for now since I am traveling so much, all my creative energy is going to the tables.

Off to California Monday.....hope you had a great summer!
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Deb Lacativa said...

So glad to hear your preoccupation has been all fun and good stuff. I was wondering if you had gone off and joined a nunnery or maybe in jail.

Karoda said...

i just about fainted when i saw an update announced for handmaiden...glad to hear you're having a busy and fun summer...and you look great in the photo!

Sharon said...

I am so glad to 'see' you back again G... I have kept checking in reguarly to see if you were 'at home'... I agree with karoda you look great... Any likelyhood of seeing you in Australia in 2009???? I hope so... The quilt convention has grown somewhat and they are moving it to a new location at the other end of the city.. It will be held in one of Melbourne historic building - The Exhibition Buildings - which are set in the gardens...Quite a beautiful spot if you ignore the roar and bustle of the city that flank it on all sides.. If you are coming let me know.. Take care now... xxx

Karoda said...

sendidng out an apb for you...hope you are doing well.

Alex said...

very friendly
chear..

Daily life

watches news

Anonymous said...

Just thinking of ya and wondering what you're up to!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.