Things are getting more and more eccentric at Casa de la Swain. Changing styles in my textile work, falling in love again with painting and photography...and then there is the ever illusive quest for continuing creativity through working with Eric Maisel. Still on the road teaching, posting now at the Ragged Cloth Cafe and taking the pledge to keep handmaiden up to date.

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

New Pelxtex in the First Stages

Woke up at 5:30 a.m. with the studio on my mind. Have been wanting to do another peltex, electric cable construction so adhered a much larger piece of peltex to the water color canvas and got to work. This piece is so large that I have to paint it in sections...so when this section dries the bottom portion will be painted. I can already see some technical problems. Where I got the peltex really wet it is coming off the canvas...but hey, I am not above a little glue here and there. Felt so good to get something done.
As much as I love teaching, when my schedule is this busy I have a hard time getting into the flow or even getting into the studio. However, this was a good start for when I come home.
I really missed all y'all with no internet on board ship...well, there was but it was way expensive. This week at the Hill Country Retreat we will have connections in our rooms so I will be staying in touch. Hope you haven't forgotten about me.
On another note, did any of you get to see the great piece Debra wrote for BlogHer about my work with Eric. Thanks Debra...you made my day. Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Debra said...

I've missed you fiercely (and I've told you) when you were unconnected. I love the look of the Peltex! Very bright and not quite Gabrielle-ish.

Work to do! So nice.

And if someone missed the shout out to you, it can be found at:

http://blogher.org/node/2480