Things are getting more and more eccentric at Casa de la Swain. Changing styles in my textile work, falling in love again with painting and photography...and then there is the ever illusive quest for continuing creativity through working with Eric Maisel. Still on the road teaching, posting now at the Ragged Cloth Cafe and taking the pledge to keep handmaiden up to date.

Monday, February 06, 2006

Self Portrait Tuesday 7 February

January was so busy that I fell off the wagon for Self Portrait Tuesday. Going to try getting back into the rhythm because this topic "your whole self" appeals to me so much. We take for granted when we are young that we will always have the look we want mostly because we are sold it by society. My first whole self is the bottom of my feet. My feet were once smooth and soft, my toes weren't bent and were free of callouses. Now they tell the story of my dirty floors, going bare foot enought to build callouses and how all my toes are going in different directions. Yet, for me feet represent understanding...pun intended. These feet have been lots of places and plan on going more...so they aren't pretty any more but they do the job and tell of a life well walked. Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Digitalgran said...

Hi Gabrielle. I love your feet. If only they could talk. Mine are the same and they have been good to me, taking me everywhere I want to go for a very long time now. I love your blog and am so pleased to have found it.

Deb R said...

Glad to see you doing SPT again, Gabrielle. Cool entry!

Gerrie said...

Welcome home, if only for a short time. We missed you!! I was wondering what happened to you.

Sandra said...

This reminds me of the prints we see of babies feet. It would be interesting to put your 'well-walked' feet together with your baby footprints.
Your write up to go with the photo was very well said.