Things are getting more and more eccentric at Casa de la Swain. Changing styles in my textile work, falling in love again with painting and photography...and then there is the ever illusive quest for continuing creativity through working with Eric Maisel. Still on the road teaching, posting now at the Ragged Cloth Cafe and taking the pledge to keep handmaiden up to date.

Saturday, October 21, 2006

As promised, the Swain production company

We did it! The newest dvd is edited, burned and packaged....thanks to the help of two of my gorgeous daughters-in-law. First the Beautiful Kelly hard at work editing took time to smile for the camera. This was probably about 1 a.m. and I am not sure what day it was.
Thought I would throw in a picture of Sea Stones so you can see that I do still know how to quilt. This is a detail of the central panel of a tryptich. Who knows when the other two will even see a needle.
Next is Christy with her back to us placing all the orders for tables, drapes, electricity and phone lines for our booth.....remember 250...come see us if for no other reason than to see Christy's sweet face and gorgeous hair.
The rest of the pictures are what my office looked like while we were packing and what it looks like now that we are done. We decided on a fall theme for color. Don't ya just love those lime green and orange containers? We are using leaf garlands....big surprise, no?....to wrap the poles...and yes, they are fire-proof. Sheesh!
The big funny looking machine is my new HP laser printer. Yes, I managed to burn up my faithful Cannon i960 printing all the inserts for the dvds. Sad day...it was a great printer and had really worked hard for me. However, you should see the difference in the color between the ink jet and the laser. Knocked me out...the laser is a thing of beauty. Of course, it uses toner instead of ink...to the tune of $70 a cartridge. Yep, you read that correctly but I can't wait to print some of my photography series on it.
My thanks to all of you for your thoughtful insights on my social commentary post. Please, if you have a chance go to Mel's blog and read her thoughts on the post. I couldn't agree with her more. At this point in my life and career, I want to make the work that is meaningful to me.....actually I have always felt that way but got caught up in building a body of work that would afford me the privilege of having the career. Now like Melody, I am off to new territory...unknown but undeniable. Hopefully, after Houston I will have time to tackle some of the quilting I need to do. Lots of unfinished tops just waiting to be layered. Can we call off the holidays in lieu of quilting? Posted by Picasa

No comments: