Things are getting more and more eccentric at Casa de la Swain. Changing styles in my textile work, falling in love again with painting and photography...and then there is the ever illusive quest for continuing creativity through working with Eric Maisel. Still on the road teaching, posting now at the Ragged Cloth Cafe and taking the pledge to keep handmaiden up to date.

Thursday, October 05, 2006

Finally Home

I walk into the living room only to discover boxes and boxes of jewel cases waiting to be packaged for market and festival. As you can see, Ronnie has carefully stacked with them with some help from Charles so he is hidden by said boxes. Just when I was ready to get back to quilting....what a concept....instead I go into production mode.
As you can see one whole shelf of packaged dvd's is already crated for Houston. The lower shelf is burned dvd's ready for packaging. You gotta love that black shelf on the green wall... what gorgeous contrast and what a major league job. My drop dead date to have everything finished is 21 October. I would prefer the 17th but that might be pushing it some. I just need a few days to get my clothes ready and the automobile packed. We get to move into our market booth on the 26th of October...then have to tear down and set up for festival. The good news is Quilts, Inc. was so good to me this year. I have the booth for both market and festival....250...so drop and say "Hi!" if you make it the celebration.

Last but never least, just to show you what retirement can do to a very tired man...it turns them into a very happy man. Ronnie is growing his winter pelt so his beard is longer than in previous pictures.....but look at that smile. Retirement is good and believe it or not, I am enjoying every minute of being with sweet Ronnie. Live long with love and peace. Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Karoda said...

ah, if only i could make it to houston, i'd most definitely stop by booth 250! have fun miss whirlwind!

Gerrie said...

I so wanted to come this year. I even won fress tickets, but AQT is on my agenda. I take it you will not be there? Boo hoo.