Things are getting more and more eccentric at Casa de la Swain. Changing styles in my textile work, falling in love again with painting and photography...and then there is the ever illusive quest for continuing creativity through working with Eric Maisel. Still on the road teaching, posting now at the Ragged Cloth Cafe and taking the pledge to keep handmaiden up to date.

Sunday, April 29, 2007

Day One in Cambria

We started our first day at the Out of Heart and Hand Retreat with a wonderful lunch and send off to class from Sandy Turner, co-ordinator of the conference. My Creativity on Demand class worked so hard that Happy Hour was required for the entire class.

Naturally, I did not miss an opportunity to have a Cosmo for $3. Tomorrow I will be good and go for a massage (if they have a spot available) instead of the bar.

My classs is incredible. I give them kudos for being so brave and signing up for this class that involves no fabric at all. Today we started journaling and working with a variety of media. Tomorrow we will paint and work on paper collages.

They have to journal every day so to honor their hard work I am going to journal also. It is so inspiring to see students trust each other and you as their instructor with personal experiences or fears about creating.

We were so busy that I forgot to take pictures in class but promise to be better tomorrow.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: