Things are getting more and more eccentric at Casa de la Swain. Changing styles in my textile work, falling in love again with painting and photography...and then there is the ever illusive quest for continuing creativity through working with Eric Maisel. Still on the road teaching, posting now at the Ragged Cloth Cafe and taking the pledge to keep handmaiden up to date.

Thursday, July 05, 2007

Where I Live

See two posts in one day. I am already being better. The only creative thing I have had time to do is a couple of photos of where I live. The pay advances building is a hoot because it is right next to the Chase bank drive thru....wonder which one would be more profitable?

The second photo is an empty grocery store. We are surrounded with half full strip malls and they keep on building new ones instead of trying to rent the existing spaces....so I guessed the powers that be were looking through rose colored glasses. More money to build new spaces while the old spaces fall into disrepair and no one seems to care.

Will post some photos of Tampa and The Applique Society conference later.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: