Things are getting more and more eccentric at Casa de la Swain. Changing styles in my textile work, falling in love again with painting and photography...and then there is the ever illusive quest for continuing creativity through working with Eric Maisel. Still on the road teaching, posting now at the Ragged Cloth Cafe and taking the pledge to keep handmaiden up to date.

Sunday, January 30, 2005

Bleech!

In spite of my best attempts with new photos and adding more from the series, these piece just look pitiful. Trust me, ya sure, in person they are much better. Small background: these are from drawings that I did many years ago visiting the children's science museum with my sons. Dinosaur bones, geological formations, etc. Then one day, I found myself on an airplane...imagine that..and saw amazing patterns from on high. Combined with the old sketches the Earth Strata series was born. More to come, hopefully.

No comments: