Things are getting more and more eccentric at Casa de la Swain. Changing styles in my textile work, falling in love again with painting and photography...and then there is the ever illusive quest for continuing creativity through working with Eric Maisel. Still on the road teaching, posting now at the Ragged Cloth Cafe and taking the pledge to keep handmaiden up to date.

Saturday, January 15, 2005

What Am I doing Here?

So , here I sit wondering why I am even considering this since I have so much spare time. Should be finishing up for my week long trip to Hyannisport, but nooooo. Instead, I have been lured by my chic art quilter type friend and my daughter-in-law to join the world of blog.

I will link this to my website just as soon as computer awareness drops into my lap. Hope to post some pictures and in general, talk about hand applique and quilting in the fast paced world of art quilts. Occasionally, when I feel like the last woman on earth doing my work this way, solace comes by looking at others who work similiarly. Promise to let you know their names in the future.

Right now, off to the grocery store to buy a week's worth of wonderful frozen entrees for loving hubby.....so that I can eat at fabulous restaurants on the Cape. Ain't life grand?


2 comments:

Melody Johnson said...

OMIGOD! Gabrielle you have come over to the dark side and joined the gabfest. I am soooooo delighted to view your every thought and deed.
I can think of no one better to share the web with.
And you even joined the ring! again OMIGOD.
Your devoted friend
Melody

Melody Johnson said...

OK I have now made a link on my blog to direct folks to this blogsite of yours. woowoowoo!