Things are getting more and more eccentric at Casa de la Swain. Changing styles in my textile work, falling in love again with painting and photography...and then there is the ever illusive quest for continuing creativity through working with Eric Maisel. Still on the road teaching, posting now at the Ragged Cloth Cafe and taking the pledge to keep handmaiden up to date.

Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Cambria Day2

For the sake of time since blogger is a wee bit slow, I collaged some of the collages. After the collaged we painted on paper a lesson in gesture and patterning. More pictures to follow. We also gave a reading list of artist to study so that the students might find something in their work to inspire them in quiltmaking. Today we paint on fabric and learn to use a view finder to discover what I call the sweet spot.....a place in a photograph that may end up being slightly abstracted but it perfect compositionally.
This may take more than one day so tomorrow I will post the photos of their gestural paintings.
Wish you were here....we are really discovering tons about ourselves creatively and producing pieces that surprise each one of us.

On a more personal note, thanks to Karoda, Diane D, Valeri and Jeannie for the comments on my recent posts. Now that I am trying to post every day I was beginning to feel like a solitary voice. I truly appreciate and thank you for resonding. Off to paint and create more havoc among the students
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Cathy said...

these are so colorful....looks like a fun exercise. maybe I should try one here at home, since I don't have time to sew

Jeannie said...

I wish I was there! So, out comes you DVD, Creativity on Demand. What better way to spend a dark, cold, & rainy day than with you and my sketchbook. Cheers