Things are getting more and more eccentric at Casa de la Swain. Changing styles in my textile work, falling in love again with painting and photography...and then there is the ever illusive quest for continuing creativity through working with Eric Maisel. Still on the road teaching, posting now at the Ragged Cloth Cafe and taking the pledge to keep handmaiden up to date.

Thursday, October 04, 2007

Thank You Dear Friends

You will never know my delight when I checked my blog and found all your comments. It really made my day to hear from all of you especially my old buddies Caity, Valori, and Sharon. Not that this will mean much to you Valori but I am so ready to come back to Australia...sure do miss my visits to Melborne. 2008 will be the first year since they started AQC that I won't be there...sigh!

Patsy thanks for the offer of your husband's tech support. Unfortunately, I edit with Avid Liquid a Pinnacle Systems program. Marvin, my techie, and I are totally baffled by what is happening but it's his product so I am hopeful he can figure it out.

Naturally the thing I am missing the most is making art. This is the longest period in my entire life that I haven't done something. Gotta tell you it is making me totally neurotic. I haven't even put pencil to sketchbook much less touched fabric. If this was a chosen respite to cogitate on new work but this has been a forced avoidance because of business.....which makes me nuts. I totally feel like I have lost touch with who I am as an artist.....but keeping the faith it will return when all this is over.

Not much else to report.....Ronnie and I are still adjusting to his retirement and my still working. Thom's bar exam results are expected on November 2nd while I am in Houston. He has had to swear in blood to call immediately upon receipt. I did actually finish a novel that I had been reading for about six months.....took it to the bath with me every night after sitting over the computer. Real exciting stuff, no?

Enough nattering just wanted to thank you all for the comments....surely soon I will be back harping to you about making art. Oh one exciting piece of news Get Creative, an Australian magazine, did a nice profile about me in the September issue.....maybe Sharon and Caity can check it out.

And Jana I totally agree with the computer being a vampire that sucks the creativity right out of you.

3 comments:

Jeannie said...

You send out powerful vibes to your fans Gabrielle seeing how we all "sensed" that you were back. Isn't it amazing how a machine can cause such chaos and frustration in our lives! I hope you have a wonderful time on your retreat next week and rekindle that creative spark. Have fun!

Val said...

So when are you going to do a gig in the UK? Australia is much too far!

Gemia said...

It was odd to sign up for Melbourne last month and NOT sign up for one of your classes! Are you coming back to Oz sometime? We'd love to have you! Just last week I pulled out the wallhangings I worked on in The New Grid last year - have one nearly pieced, still deciding on the others. Hope you are well, Rebekah and I will miss you next February -

Cheers, Gemia