Things are getting more and more eccentric at Casa de la Swain. Changing styles in my textile work, falling in love again with painting and photography...and then there is the ever illusive quest for continuing creativity through working with Eric Maisel. Still on the road teaching, posting now at the Ragged Cloth Cafe and taking the pledge to keep handmaiden up to date.

Monday, October 29, 2007

To Market We Went

We had a great market...and so did lots of other folks. The talk was that attendance was down but everyone that was here came to spend. The other new buzz was "Going Green." The batting industry introduced a new bamboo batt. The bamboo has a 30 day growth return so it is a quick and environmentally safe resource. We jumped on that band wagon since all the products we use in the dvd's are totally recyclable....and as y'all know nature is my thing.
Jessica is totally impressed with the quilts and she caught on to handling the business in a snap. She thought we were busy at market and I had to warn her what was about to happen at Festival. They are predicting attendance at Festival to be between 60 and 70 thousand. I am not sure I am ready for that but will do my best.
While we were here, I had a chance to interview two people for the dvd zine.....Jane Sassaman and Sarah Felke from Australia. I am having a ball doing these interviews and everyone seems really jazzed about the idea of this new format. Got to hit the editing as soon as we get home. I'll think about that tomorrow, Scarlett.
Be here now....no early day tomorrow. Sleep in or stay in the room until 9 or 10....go pick up our festival badges......get the booth ready for festival in about 3 hours.....take off until Wednesday night.....Happy Halloween!

Posted by Picasa

No comments: