Things are getting more and more eccentric at Casa de la Swain. Changing styles in my textile work, falling in love again with painting and photography...and then there is the ever illusive quest for continuing creativity through working with Eric Maisel. Still on the road teaching, posting now at the Ragged Cloth Cafe and taking the pledge to keep handmaiden up to date.

Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Going South and North

Although I am not leaving until 20 February, I thought I should probably pack a few clothes and something to teach. In so doing, I will be away from you for awhile. On the 20th, I am off to Melbourne, Australia. I return the 28th and then off again to Canmore, Alberta, Canada on the 3rd. From Canmore, I fly to beautiful downtown Burbank, CA for the Glendale Quilt Show; returning on the 14th of March......whew! I do love teaching so no matter how difficult this sounds, it will be a good trip.
While I am gone, think of me occasionally.....I will keep y'all in my thoughts...and will try to journal stories to discuss when I return. Also, the good news is that by the time I get home, Chris will probably be back in Texas....and the Collin, the first born twin, may even be home.
Stay well...have fun....make some art.....and I will be back to pester you soon.

Oh yeah, forgot some news: My article on Color As I See It is coming out in the April issue of Quilters Newsletter Magazine. They have also included a review of the DVD. Let me know what you think when you have a chance.

3 comments:

Karoda said...

Stay safe and have some big girl fun! I'm already looking forward to reading the article and reading about your world tour :)

Melody Johnson said...

Is there a laptop in your future? Now that I have one, and the digital projector I don't leave home without them. In Louisville I was blessed with free internet in my hotel room. And that made such a difference. When you get home no piles of email to wade through.
Have a fabu time in Aussieland, and have a few for me.

Anonymous said...

Whew....getting worn out just reading about your travels!! Stay safe and have fun!!

Loved the article...not to mention the pieces.

Echoing Mel....GET A LAPTOP!!! I just bought Joey (my 13 y/o) an IBM Thinkpad from TigerDirect.com for $529. It's an "off lease" and it's like new. All I need to do now is get the wireless modem ($29.95 from US Robotics) and load MS Office and he is good to go (not to mention he will no longer abscond with MY laptop).....

fiberandthread.blogspot.com

Blog Archive