Things are getting more and more eccentric at Casa de la Swain. Changing styles in my textile work, falling in love again with painting and photography...and then there is the ever illusive quest for continuing creativity through working with Eric Maisel. Still on the road teaching, posting now at the Ragged Cloth Cafe and taking the pledge to keep handmaiden up to date.

Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Tagged and Bagged

Oh, gosh, golly more thinking about myself. My dearest friend in thin, Melody tagged me with these meme questions. Rising to the occasion of being even more self-absorbed than I already am, I will attempt to answer the call.
These choices are definitely going to show my age and mental state...but then you already knew that.
1. Total amount of music files on your computer?
Way too easy..zero...I am very low tech....have a major league sound system in living room and smaller player in studio...dealing with the computer is like being a secretary...ugh!

2. Last CD you bought was: Michael McDonald Mowtown Two, can't help I love his voice, plus he looks like Ronnie. Diana Krall, The Girl in the Other Room, can't beat a torch singer and a piano. Rita Coolidge and her sisters, Walela, the female tradition of Cherokee women singers.
There may have been a Roy Orbinson in there for Ronnie who loves Only the Lonely. However, if any of you are familiar with DiscGear we have three full. Elucidation: DiscGear, makes containers for CD's and DVD's that work like a juke box. You throw away or recycle the jewel cases, give each cd a number and slot, slide to that number and the cd pops up. Ours hold 100 each...holy too much money on music,

3. What was the last song you listened to before reading this message?
So I was in my car going to the grocery store in the freezing cold rain(see previous post) and had a cd going: Blood on the Wire Jackson Browne

4.Write down 5 songs that you often listen to or that mean a lot to you?
1. Daylight Again Crosby, Stills and Nash...can't get over protesting the war, any war
2.The Old Ways Loreena McKennett something so haunting about the sound and rhythm
3. A New York Minute Don Henley...yep, it can happen that fast
4. Southern Cross Crosby, Stills and Nash okay, okay, I am an aging hippy, but I have seen them in concert too many times and when they were young the harmony was angelic
5. Solitary Man Neil Diamond...aha, I got ya...so I was a teenager and thought I could save some man from hinself...too funny now

5. What three people are you going to pass this baton to and why?
Rayna of studio78notes because we once wandered the streets of Philly in search of a bar
Karoda of SeamlessSkin because I love the way she writes..so hip..gotta be better than us old fools
Carol of The Elephants Child with a title like that you just gotta know

2 comments:

Rayna said...

Ah, Gabrielle, finding that bar and carrying those drinks across the street (who ever heard of martinis to go??) were the high points of the weekend! BTW - your links to the two other people in your tag list didn't work. Check 'em out.

xxx
R.

Karoda said...

oh, shoot...hip? i had to look over my shoulder for 'the other Karoda' you must be referring to lol

Blog Archive