Things are getting more and more eccentric at Casa de la Swain. Changing styles in my textile work, falling in love again with painting and photography...and then there is the ever illusive quest for continuing creativity through working with Eric Maisel. Still on the road teaching, posting now at the Ragged Cloth Cafe and taking the pledge to keep handmaiden up to date.

Tuesday, March 22, 2005

A Better Day

Amazing what a difference a day can make. I actually started the quilting last night...shipped out a batch of DVD's this morning...working on second batch right now...and my move into the 21st century, I bought a Sony Vaio online yesterday afternoon. How cool is that...you don't even have to leave the house to spend thousands of dollars. No cheesy laptop for me...oh no. Gotta go to the top of the line. I got the new Vaio that is 1" thick, weighs 3 lbs. and is about half the size of the original and best of all is red. Now my plan is to buy a projector and webcam to do demonstrations in class. Another day, after my next gig..can't justify spending too much money unless it is on myself and not my business.
About the pictures....Vanity thy name is etc...when Melody saw the yarn lady winding my new yarn and thought it was me I about died. So the pictures are to assure Mel that I still have the chichi hair and a waist line.....still under 120, Mel but must admit I have been doing no exercise and really missing it.....which means I am up to 119....and eating everything in sight. Even baked an apple pie for Ronnie....now how wifely can one get? Of course, I had to put struedel topping on the pie because I love cinnamon....and of course, we had to eat it hot with cheddar on top. Is there any other way?
However, tonight is the night....back to weight training class tonight at six. This will probably be the death of me but gotta get back in gear. My goal of rowing a million meters this year is shot..there is always next year. Still have until the end of April but doubt that I can do 200,000 meters between teaching and trying to get some work done.
Been thinking lots about all the ring members...checking in on their posts...love reading what they are doing, especially enjoyed Karoda's interviews. Anyhoo, got me to thinking about how this is all a dance. We work in concert with each other, inspired by each others moves, and end up with something akin to a whole piece of work. Now that I think about it, isn't that what our lives are? Ebbing and flowing all in one direction....learning, discovery and creation. Whoa doggies, she goes philosophical!
We all know what it is really about....being thin, having the best toys, and making lots of money. Whew! Glad I got a hold of myself before I lost touch with reality. I mean who would want to be spiritually connected to their inner self when they can be shallow, superficial and sophomoric?
Back to work before I really get myself in trouble.

No comments:

Blog Archive