Things are getting more and more eccentric at Casa de la Swain. Changing styles in my textile work, falling in love again with painting and photography...and then there is the ever illusive quest for continuing creativity through working with Eric Maisel. Still on the road teaching, posting now at the Ragged Cloth Cafe and taking the pledge to keep handmaiden up to date.

Friday, March 25, 2005

New toy....and the vote is in

friends and fellow quiltmakers, this is being sent to you via my new laptop....woohoo! Stella,the computer's name, and I will be off to the Empty Spools Seminar at the Asilomar state park in Pacific Grove, CA on the second of April.....but this trip we will not be out of touch. Stella and I promise to send pictures and prose during the seminar.
Also,thanks to everyone for the comments on the whole cloth piece. I am going to do it and maybe enter it under alias....just kidding...but wouldn't that be fun. Mel, I wish I could do what you suggested but since I don't own a whiff of dye anymore, I am stuck with this one piece of fabric. Maybe in the future I will return to painting but let's see how this goes.
On the home front, Thomas, the youngest son about to be lawyer, came home for the Easter holiday.....and thanks to him the new computer is ready for travel. Sure hope he becomes a lawyer soon...everyone needs one these days. Now if I just had one that wanted to be a doctor...sigh.
Here's wishing y'all and fun and productive weekend.

1 comment:

Debra said...

Congrats on the new toy. And such a nice name. I am going to need a new laptop in the near future... but I dread making the purchase. I can think of better ways to spend the money, and from what I've seen I don't like the windows OS.

Oh, well, this Dell is gonna die, and the choice will be out of my hands.

Have a good time in Asilomar. The weather should be good for you.

Blog Archive