Things are getting more and more eccentric at Casa de la Swain. Changing styles in my textile work, falling in love again with painting and photography...and then there is the ever illusive quest for continuing creativity through working with Eric Maisel. Still on the road teaching, posting now at the Ragged Cloth Cafe and taking the pledge to keep handmaiden up to date.

Sunday, April 16, 2006

First Reveal of Some Time Spent

First, to all of those of you who celebrate in whatever manner, I wish you holiday greetings and much creativity as the new cycle of the earth starts.
Before posting sketches, I thought I would share with you some of what I have been doing with cityscape photography. This is really fun for me. I just drive down the road....hold the camera anywhere and shoot. Some are better than others but by the time I finish tweaking them, there is some great stuff.
Now in an effort to organize my time better, I have decided to start answering comments directly on the blog. This will keep my hours on the computer down, but will also mean I will blog more. Two birds, etc. In keeping with this new
plan, Debra asked about the potential life of the DVD's. Not to correct our resident techno guru but they are DVD's not CD's. Research is showing the lives of CD's are short. However' let's consider how different a CD is from a DVD. First, they are used much more....especially music CD's which seems to be where the most degradation occurs. We leave them in our cars in all kinds of weather. We play them much more than DVD's.
I do have music CD's that are older than 5 years and they are still working fine. Mostly it is all about care and usage. DVD's cannot be printed with the footage. They must be burned for the laser to read the image. There is no way around
this one so far, but I will keep my ear to the ground. The projected life span of a DVD is between 10-20 years. Hopefully by that time you will have gleaned all the material you needed to learn. So, Debra, I hope that helps.
Painting day in the studio....more pictures later and have been contemplating what I want to say about composition....same time, same channel. Posted by Picasa

No comments: