Things are getting more and more eccentric at Casa de la Swain. Changing styles in my textile work, falling in love again with painting and photography...and then there is the ever illusive quest for continuing creativity through working with Eric Maisel. Still on the road teaching, posting now at the Ragged Cloth Cafe and taking the pledge to keep handmaiden up to date.

Thursday, August 10, 2006

More designs

I wish you could see the green leaf design in person. It was solid green fabric that she used colored pencil on to create all the textures and folds....you feel as if you could touch it and it would be soft and wet like a leaf. The next is tree bark in progress. It is so gorgeous is person, silk and cotton combined with frayed edges that really make it look like bark. The orchid again was created entirely with surface design.....Neocolor 1 crayons, Setacolor markers, colored pencil....these ladies were cooking. One of our favorites is the field scene...my photo doesn't do it justice...again colored pencils at work. Frog and lily pad....with lily pad being done in reverse applique....braver woman than I.
So you can see what great work came out of this class. More importantly, it was the beginning of my recovery. Being with this group of eager, talented ladies made me realize, I am not ready to quit teaching. Just need better time management. I would not have missed being with them for anything. Thank you for an amazing journey through your insights and aspirations. Posted by Picasa

No comments: