Things are getting more and more eccentric at Casa de la Swain. Changing styles in my textile work, falling in love again with painting and photography...and then there is the ever illusive quest for continuing creativity through working with Eric Maisel. Still on the road teaching, posting now at the Ragged Cloth Cafe and taking the pledge to keep handmaiden up to date.

Thursday, August 10, 2006

New View

Lest you fall in love....ha!...with the first layout. At midnight it struck me that what was missing was struts....the circle is still missing that will tie it all together but I have to FUSE it to the water color canvas before I can cut it out.
Also thought I would include a couple of close-ups of the paint on the Pelltex. These are going to be a pain to ship but, then, I only have to worry about that if they get into shows. Another day Scarlet.
Off to bed, doctor's orders, already stayed up too late but when the muse calls. Let's see what tomorrow brings. I am already think of a different orientation.
Breaking News Flash: At 6:23 a.m. CDT, I see nothing but an umbrella or a kite in this composition. This will never do.....back to the drawing board. The first composition had more potential. With the addition of the triangle and circle, it will probably be the best....sheesh what was I thinking.



Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Melody Johnson said...

Good Heavens...FUSING!
I stand speechless.
Totally loving the paint. OMy!