Things are getting more and more eccentric at Casa de la Swain. Changing styles in my textile work, falling in love again with painting and photography...and then there is the ever illusive quest for continuing creativity through working with Eric Maisel. Still on the road teaching, posting now at the Ragged Cloth Cafe and taking the pledge to keep handmaiden up to date.

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

What a Warm Welcome!

Thank you all for such a wonderful welcome home. I have missed our time together. Even though I was checking in on you from time to time, I still felt outside. It is good to be back among good friends. Not too much to post today. Packaged an large order for individuals from QBL and the web site, going to watch a movie and address the labels.
Spent the rest of the day painting the last piece of Pelltex for the third of the constructions. Felt so good to be working even if I didn't have a clue what I was doing. I put it on my design wall and saw some immediate areas that need help. Back to painting after shipping the orders. Just wanted to check in and leave you with a quote that helped me work through some of my changes.

"To carry yourself forward and experience myriad things is a delusion. That myriad things come forth and experience themselves is awakening." ---Dogen from Actualizing the Fundamental Point

Will post pictures of the new constructions as soon as they are in process. Off to label....my thoughts of thanks are with you all.

1 comment:

Val said...

I'm delighted to see that your new DVD is ready to ship. I'd have ordered it by now if I hadn't forgotten my password! :-( But as soon as I get home..... This is something you do SO well! How can I wait!