Things are getting more and more eccentric at Casa de la Swain. Changing styles in my textile work, falling in love again with painting and photography...and then there is the ever illusive quest for continuing creativity through working with Eric Maisel. Still on the road teaching, posting now at the Ragged Cloth Cafe and taking the pledge to keep handmaiden up to date.

Sunday, January 13, 2008

Not As I Intended


I tried working smaller today and discovered, as the case with my quilts, this just isn't my format. This canvas is 12"x 14", and while it doesn't suck; it also doesn't work. Just not enough space for the kind of gestures that I use. Another one for the recycle bin, but I learned a good lesson. Playing and experimenting is our best teacher.

Now that I know the canvas should be larger, I can work with the same concept more successfully....or not. Painting is always a mysterynever quite doing what you expected but giving you the gift of surprise with each canvas.

Tired and ready for dinner....until tomorrow....go make some art with no expectations.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: