Things are getting more and more eccentric at Casa de la Swain. Changing styles in my textile work, falling in love again with painting and photography...and then there is the ever illusive quest for continuing creativity through working with Eric Maisel. Still on the road teaching, posting now at the Ragged Cloth Cafe and taking the pledge to keep handmaiden up to date.

Sunday, January 13, 2008

Raise Your Hand if You Are Surprised by This

You are a
Hippie

You are a total hippie. While you may not wear birks or smell of incense, you have the soul of a hippie.
You don't trust authority, and you do as you please. You're willing to take a stand, even when what you believe isn't popular.

You like to experiment with ideas, lifestyles, and different subcultures.
You always gravitate toward what's radical and subversive. Normal, mainstream culture doesn't really resonate with you.
Are You a Hippie?

Found this on DebR's
blog and as you might guess couldn't resist taking this test. None of my family would be surprised by the results. As a matter of fact, it was almost an exercise in futility since I already knew the answer....still it was fun just to see the questions.

Off to the studio for more paint and canvas since I am sure the fabric or design for the new quilt won't have magically appeared over night....although the gremlins might have decided to take pity on me and dug them out of the bowels of some hidden place. If I accomplish anything worth showing, I'll try to remember to post it the photos before retiring.

Reminder: Tomorrow is the day for the visit to handmaiden by Eric Maisel. Hope you stop by for a read.

2 comments:

Deb R said...

I like the sound of the total hippie! I'm kind of surprised I didn't get that result too.

Anonymous said...

"snort"....really???? Never would have guessed she said as she lit the patchouli incense and slipped on her Birks......

teri