Things are getting more and more eccentric at Casa de la Swain. Changing styles in my textile work, falling in love again with painting and photography...and then there is the ever illusive quest for continuing creativity through working with Eric Maisel. Still on the road teaching, posting now at the Ragged Cloth Cafe and taking the pledge to keep handmaiden up to date.

Monday, May 09, 2005

Come to Momma

Whew! What a weekend. The whole tribe showed up this weekend....except for Charles and Christy because of her amazing work schedule....but tomorrow we are going to lunch at a very decadent restaurant, Babe's.....they only serve fried chicken and chicken fried steak...with cream gravy and all the fixings.....yum.....and five lbs. While I love having all the boys home, this weekend was tough for me because we started cleaning out my mother in law's house. The kids needed the appliances and the furniture; Ronnie and I kept a few sentimental pieces...but it just brought back how much I miss her.....and all the memories of past Mother's Days spent with her. Trying to remember nothing is all bad or all good, we made it through with only a minimal amount of arguments between my two middle sons. Not over who got what; everyone was very generous and kind about that. It is just that they were breathing the same air...are we there yet? You know how you revert back to your childhood personalities when you are around your parents? Wise woman that I am, I stay out of this and know that things will be better......remember they are only 30 and 28....so they will make it yet.
Back to the airport, as you can see the lost shoes returned home safely. Which involved driving to the airport and retriving them but at least they were there.....forget about the quilts and teaching materials....I need my shoes.....every single pair...we won't discuss the numbers...but I need them all.
Shoes have always been a thing with me. There was a time during my mid-20's when I owned 300 pair. Okay...okay...but I was single and only had one son and worked hard and they were all absolutely the cutest. I have less now....three pairs of Stuart Weitzman, three pairs of Franco Sarto, a pair of red knee length boots from Nordstrom's.....I better stop now. The problem is this: I have to walk through the Nordstrom shoe department to get to Toni and Guy. ( I told you I was high maintenance.) This is torture....how could they do this to me? Tell me when was the last time you walked through a great shoe store and didn't even look. This is when the trouble begins....all down hill from here. They were even so nice they gave me a Nordstrom's Visa and send me reward checks for spending money. How sweet of them...they even call me Ms. Swain; we are so close I should probably say just call me Gabrielle.
With the weekend firmly in the past, it is off to the studio for me where I will be safe until Saturday when I have an appointment to get my hair done.

2 comments:

Gerrie said...

Whoops I posted my response to the shoes in the wrong place!! See below!!

Deb R said...

The shoes were totally worth the drive to the airport and back, even if they had been the only things in the bag. Gorgeous!

Blog Archive