Things are getting more and more eccentric at Casa de la Swain. Changing styles in my textile work, falling in love again with painting and photography...and then there is the ever illusive quest for continuing creativity through working with Eric Maisel. Still on the road teaching, posting now at the Ragged Cloth Cafe and taking the pledge to keep handmaiden up to date.

Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Flying the Friendly Skies

My latest advice to all readers is to think when you book your next ticket. Maybe all of you are thinking this but how happy will the employees of United be right now? Make no mistake, they have my complete support. The move to rid their pension obligations by United is unacceptable in any way shape or form. Since the CEO and CFO aren't having to give up their golden parachute packages, there is a bad taste in my mouth over the treatment of the United employees. Also, we need to think about the impact this will have on other pension plans. Basically, we are all sliding down a slippery slope.
However, my thoughts turn to how glad I am that I am not flying United right now. I gotta tell you I would rather have a well paid flight crew than a well paid CEO. The flight crew is much more important to our lives and our comfort. So here's to the employees.....we are all hoping for the best at the Swain house...especially me who has spent over 100 hours in the air this year.
Off to Denver on American, with knitting in bag and ready to applique at the conference.

1 comment:

Cathy said...

Oh how I wish I was in Denver too. I had plans to go to the Applique conference but after the accident, I haven't been brave enought to drive on the interstate.You class was one I wanted to take. I live on the other side of the mountains, about 4 hours away. So close but so far!

Blog Archive