Things are getting more and more eccentric at Casa de la Swain. Changing styles in my textile work, falling in love again with painting and photography...and then there is the ever illusive quest for continuing creativity through working with Eric Maisel. Still on the road teaching, posting now at the Ragged Cloth Cafe and taking the pledge to keep handmaiden up to date.

Thursday, May 05, 2005

Sitting in San Jose

Well, folks, I am at the airport on my way home. Tired but a good tired...as always I had such great students. You can't believe the art talk that was going on in the room before the end of the class. They were all throwing around words like veterans. When I get home I will upload some pictures...no can do at the airport...too many wires required.
The good news...I have most of my background appliqued for the new quilt....and I get to stay home until the 17th. I even have another design ready...who knows I could be making quilts again
FYI, the teachers from left to right are moi, Jane Sassaman, Lura Schwartz Smith, and Paula Reid. Talk about good food...calamari, mahi mahi, rack of lamb.....drool, drool.
If you ever get a chance to attend or teach at the Out of Hand and Heart Retreat in Cambria, get there as fast as you can. Not only is it minutes from the ocean but the Cambria Pines Lodge is simply beautiful. There are a wide variety of gardens that you can walk through from a kitchen garden to a rose garden. Hope you enjoyed some of the pictures.
So off to the friendly skies...already talked to my honey who will be sawing logs when I get home at midnight....but remember it will only be ten o'clock California time so maybe there is some sewing in the offing.
Back with student work tomorrow.

No comments:

Blog Archive