Things are getting more and more eccentric at Casa de la Swain. Changing styles in my textile work, falling in love again with painting and photography...and then there is the ever illusive quest for continuing creativity through working with Eric Maisel. Still on the road teaching, posting now at the Ragged Cloth Cafe and taking the pledge to keep handmaiden up to date.

Friday, May 06, 2005

You Ain't Gonna Believe It

Flight home uneventful...just like you want all your flights to be.....get to baggage claim and...... no luggage...oh my gawd! It is 11:45 p.m. and obviously, panic is seting in. Politely asking the carousel manager if all the luggage has been delivered. Rudely, he replies yes, won't take my lost luggage claim....gives me a number to call and walks away. I stay up until 1 a.m. because you can't apply for lost luggage until 90 minutes after you flight arrives....wha is that deal. As you might imagine I am fuming at this point....call American and indeed my luggage is at the airport at carousel C 12. The snafu is that all the rest of flight 2426 luggage was at carousel C 31......and let them check to see what the delivery charge would be......give me a break. The claims manager could have easily looked this up on his computer but it was probably after his bed time. Bleech.
So dear readers, I am about to get dressed and drive to the airport to get my stuff and file a complaint about the whole deal. Not like this will make one bit of difference except to make me feel outraged and self-righteous.....but sheesh!
Enjoy the in progress pictures from some of the students.....my apologies to those that I missed. I could have sworn I took a picture of everyone but the brain was on disconnet.
Wish me luck at the airport....which by the way is Dallas Fort Worth International.....not some little podunk airport. Hopefully the stuff actually is at C 12. Just let me add that this luggage contains a new pair of Matisse beaded kitten heels and a pair of Franco Sarto black sandals with medallion straps......Manolo would be in apoplexy.

2 comments:

Jen said...

So sorry to hear about the luggage fiasco..
Thanks for sharing your students' work. Beautiful beginnings and inspiring to think of where it will go. It must be very gratifying to help plant those seeds. Jen

Karoda said...

i have a friend that threatened Delta with the acronym that she was going to spread around with family and friends...Don't Expect Luggage To Arrive. They delivered her luggage to her hotel when it was found. I'm glad to know yours was not lost into infinity and beyond.

Blog Archive