Things are getting more and more eccentric at Casa de la Swain. Changing styles in my textile work, falling in love again with painting and photography...and then there is the ever illusive quest for continuing creativity through working with Eric Maisel. Still on the road teaching, posting now at the Ragged Cloth Cafe and taking the pledge to keep handmaiden up to date.

Wednesday, May 25, 2005

There's No Place Like Home...Click, Click

Ya hoo....made it home yesterday to the awaiting arms of Ronnie.....not that he minds my teaching schedule but he was glad I will be home until 12 June. In my absence this year...which has been frequent, Ronnie hired yard guy...hence the pictures of yard guys efforts. Also, thought you might like to see what Texas in the summer looks like. We have already had 100 degree weather but hey, it's Texas. Because it is so good to be home, the impulse to show you my domain struck, so a little glimpse of the humble abode.
Today is a good day...off to my wonderful Liz to get a massage....the old body is aching from standing up at altitude. Hopefully to the studio or maybe just get groceries a cook a nice meal....don't you just hate eating out all the time. As much as I love teaching, being home is a good thing....and my plans are to take full advantage of this time off. So here's the drill:
Pay bills
Finish the leaf and stone top and start quilting
Actually visit with my sweetie
Start back on the exercise plan
Spend some time with my amazing children and the darling grandkids
Take the top layer of dirt off the house
Work with yard guy on planting
Relax and enjoy...an oxymoron, considering the above list
Stay tuned to see how this works for me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Welcome home.....I don't know how you and all the other teachers do it. I can't stand being away from home for any length of time (except to go to QSDS where the energy and friendships are the best) and to the UP (which is *home* too so doesn't count).

The place looks lovely. I just couldn't handle the heat and humidity....otherwise I would be in Austin.....

teri

Blog Archive