Things are getting more and more eccentric at Casa de la Swain. Changing styles in my textile work, falling in love again with painting and photography...and then there is the ever illusive quest for continuing creativity through working with Eric Maisel. Still on the road teaching, posting now at the Ragged Cloth Cafe and taking the pledge to keep handmaiden up to date.

Friday, October 28, 2005

No Photo...Sigh!

What happened to BloggerBot, Picassa and Hello? I cannot upload any photos. Keep getting error messages. Is anyone else having this problem? It allows me in and starts the upload and then says no can do. Sorry y'all....no Simple Still Life, no clean living room, no photos of the quilting on "Sea Stones." You will just have to take my word that I did it...wicked grin crossing my face.
Instead, I will leave you with these words of wisdom.
What I learned about cleaning house
1. You can do a half way decent job on one room but it takes all day.
2. Moving stuff to other rooms makes the room you are cleaning look great but clutters the other room beyond repair.
3. Ronnie didn't even notice....could have spent the day quilting.
4. I quilt much better than I clean...is there a message in here somewhere?
5. You just have to do it over again....seems an exercise in futility.
Today I have to get out of the house to do the dreaded grocery shopping....buy mums and pansies for the front yard and two baby buntings for the famous Collin and Cyrus on their first birthday. All of which will be great fun except the grocery shopping...why do we all hate this so much? Another annoyance...you gotta put the stuff in the cart, pay for it, load it into your car, and then put it all away when you get home....yuck!
Ah but the reward another evening of quilting....need to finish the first section of "Sea Stones" this weekend...which will put me on a good timeline for the smaller pieces.
Sorry nothing interesting to report and boo hoo! over no pictures....will try again later.

4 comments:

Gerrie said...

Since, I am on typepad - I don't have the problem, but I noticed that Teri at http://fiberandthread.blogspot.com/ is having the same problem.

I hate cleaning and I really need to get at it - after Tahoe!!

Val said...

Oh I am SO glad you are having this problem too! I thought it was just me. Its a real pain isn't it. I shall try and work round it when I get home from work! Not that I want you to have problems of course just that its nice not to be alone! Grin

Debra said...

Blogger has on their known issues page that there is a problem uploading photos and they are working to fix it.

Diane Perin said...

Gabrielle,

I'm going to reveal on one of the best secrets of my life. Ready? It's Safeway.com. YOu can order your groceries ONLINE and they deliver them (for about $5.95) AND they carry them into the kitchen. Big boxes of cat litter, even. I love this and it means that I get to get other stuff done AND avoid the impulse shopping. Well worth the $5.95 if you ask me. Do you have it in your area?

Blog Archive