Things are getting more and more eccentric at Casa de la Swain. Changing styles in my textile work, falling in love again with painting and photography...and then there is the ever illusive quest for continuing creativity through working with Eric Maisel. Still on the road teaching, posting now at the Ragged Cloth Cafe and taking the pledge to keep handmaiden up to date.

Saturday, October 29, 2005

Slowly but Surely

My poor little house is getting clean bit by bit....but who's in a hurry anyway? The past few months have been harried around here so I will take my time and might even enjoy it...nah! At least the first piece of "Sea Stones" I moving fast for a hand quilter. More importantly, I haven't hit the " I am so sick of this piece" wall. Talk to me later when working on the last piece. Usually the closer I get to being finished, when my fingers look like hamburger, is when the "why did I think this was a good idea" starts. However, I love this piece..modest, no? Might be I will never reach that point.
Today is the official birthday party for the twins even though Collin's birthday is Oct 27 and Cyrus' is on the 30th. There will be proud grandma pictures so just skip over if you wish. I predict as they get older there will be no joint parties....what do you give 'em..till about 8 years old before they rebel against this. My donation to the gifts are two of the cutest snow suits...polar fleece inside and weather protected something on the outside. They will need it shortly..cold weather is arriving in Texas.
When sweet Ronnie is home, there is no cleaning done...drives him up the wall. Think I can sneak in the kitchen or should I say biology lab. A quick trip to the party and then back to the studio. Easier to use the overhead projector in the dark and have a real "jones" to get these two new drawings done.
Amid all this sewing and cleaning, managed to get the front yard ready for fall. If I can get pics to post, will do so when the sun is out. Hello wouldn't post anything so had to use Blogger....looks as if the problems aren't all worked out.
Off to do something even if it is wrong. Have a great weekend.

2 comments:

Deb R said...

The house and the quilt are both looking wonderful!

I realize I'm probably being completely ignorant here, but how were the twins born 3 days apart? I would think once one came out (either naturally or surgically) the other would have to follow pretty quickly or be in distress, so I'm confused.

Julaine said...

A brave girl in her 50's indeed!!!

Fabulous photos, too...
Thanks for taking on the challenge -

Julaine

Blog Archive