Things are getting more and more eccentric at Casa de la Swain. Changing styles in my textile work, falling in love again with painting and photography...and then there is the ever illusive quest for continuing creativity through working with Eric Maisel. Still on the road teaching, posting now at the Ragged Cloth Cafe and taking the pledge to keep handmaiden up to date.

Monday, October 31, 2005

A Halloween Treat

As you may have remembered I mentioned that I was approached by a fabric company at market, interested in my doing a line for them. Being the good business person, I call said company this morning to follow-up. I am keeping this close to my chest in case it doesn't pan out, but trust me you will be the first to know if it does.
Like again a good professional, I gave the product development director copies of my dvd's. Hoping this would be a good way for her to see how I work and some of my quilts, I was keeping my fingers crossed.
Tick or Treat! She loves the work...wants the line to look just like my quilts....at our first conversation she mentioned only six designs. Now she is saying send her all I would like for her to see and then they will start the approval process. Can you tell I am astounded, excited and flying without my broom?
Going to spend several hours every morning in the studio playing with designs before I send off the final selections for her approval. Quilting at night to get Sea Stones finished...and already started pulling fabrics off the shelves to give away for the studio clean up. Nothing like a little kick in the butt to get you going.
Don't scare too many of the kidlet tonight...it is cold and damp here...so we arent' even going to bother.

5 comments:

Val said...

That is great! I am so pleased for you. You'll be so successful and I'll be able to say I knew her when! lol Seriously, that is wonderful news.

PaMdora said...

Oh boy, that's awesome! I think that fabric companies get artists to design fabric lines is one the coolest things about this whole quilting industry. I'm glad you're going for it!

Liz Plummer said...

That is brilliant news! Well done you for following it up ...

Deborah Boschert said...

This is superfantastic! I am so excited for you... and for all of us in the blogring to see your process and celebrate with you. And then BUY the fabric. How great?! Studio clean-up giveaway? How do I get in on that?!

Cathy said...

That is so wonderful, how exciting for you. This couldn't happen to a better quilt artist. I'm looking forward to reading more about the process of how this develops into existence. And then when the fabric comes out, I will be buying lots probably.
If you want to get rid of anything in your studio cleanup, I'd be happy to help you out.

Blog Archive