Things are getting more and more eccentric at Casa de la Swain. Changing styles in my textile work, falling in love again with painting and photography...and then there is the ever illusive quest for continuing creativity through working with Eric Maisel. Still on the road teaching, posting now at the Ragged Cloth Cafe and taking the pledge to keep handmaiden up to date.

Wednesday, October 12, 2005

The Weird Quiz Analysis

After my post questioning how we aren't all the same weird, DebR emailed me privately with her responses. We compared our answers and only found two that differed. However, we are wondering which questions skew you to more weird or less. If you would not mind posting your responses to me privately, I have agreed to collate the responses to see which questions are the culprits. I would be glad to share my responses if you care...or we could do it on open forum if you prefer. Why do we care? Well, we really don't but then again we are perplexed and weird so I guess that makes us curious.

Second thought for the day...more than one thought..she's on a roll. I read with great interest Melody's blog from the past two days. As some of you who have been reading this woefully wordy blog will remember, I, also, have been wrestling with new approaches to my work. For what it is worth, this feels to me like an eternal quest for an artist. New way to express ideas or new approaches to imagery may appear to be angst driven but for me it is like a game...a way of learning and staying observant. Having already developed a style gives you the freedom to move away from that and still be yourself.....and also the comfort of falling back on that style with abandon after exploration. Some of my forays into the abstract have been successful; some have not but each taught many possibilities. I think I would worry more if our diva Mel wasn't questioning....that would be stagnation.

Okay, off to the studio...took Val's advice on the problem with the top of the leaf quilt but made a slight change....hope to have enough done today to post new pics tomorrow.....today is the last day in the studio...from now until hitting the road for Houston will be dedicated to market.

1 comment:

Val said...

Well to tell it like it is I don't think you have to worry about the diversity of your work. It has a nice blend of abstract and realistic and a wide range so it doesn't look samey but is still you! I really admire what you do and think you are head and shoulders above many out there! Its the art that speaks out making what you do fresh! I'm off to London. I'm safe! Grin

Blog Archive