Things are getting more and more eccentric at Casa de la Swain. Changing styles in my textile work, falling in love again with painting and photography...and then there is the ever illusive quest for continuing creativity through working with Eric Maisel. Still on the road teaching, posting now at the Ragged Cloth Cafe and taking the pledge to keep handmaiden up to date.

Sunday, November 11, 2007

Happy b'Day to all the Scorpios

Whopee! I made through another year! Here's a few words of wisdom for all who share my sign.

Birthdays are the tolling of
A bell that marks the coming of
A time of festive joy and love,
A time to treasure life and love.

So come and celebrate with me
The circumstance that makes me, me:
The moment when I came to be,
And what I now have come to be.



http://www.fashion-era.com/images/HairHats/original_hathair_images/1949hatsx.jpgMy how fashion has changed in 58 years.....

What I would give to look like this. Of course, Lauren Bacall was 19 when I was born.

I never make New Year's Resolutions. Instead, I do mental housekeeping on my birthday. I am working on them as you read.....the times they are a changin'



8 comments:

Deb Lacativa said...

Happy Birthday fellow "49er! Beat ya though, I blew threw that redlight last month 10/14. It's always interesting to think about having been born in the Forties.

Diane Doran said...

Happy birthday Gabrielle! Here's to many more, and many more years of creativity.

Jeannie said...

Happy Birthday! May the coming year be filled with creativity, fun filled joy, and peace. Cheers

Rayna said...

HB2U & 2ME. One comforting thought (for you) -- I'll always be older than you!
xo R.

Sonji Hunt said...

Happy Bday, Gabrielle. It's better getting older (at least I think so).

Karoda said...

Happy Birthday Lady! Wishing you all the joy you can stand!

Anonymous said...

HIPPO BIRDIES, sweet Miss G!!! *puts on red nose and WC Fields voice* and maaaaany mooooooooooore!

Melody Johnson said...

Hurray its your birthday!! Wonderful day to you and many many more!
Lovest Mel