Things are getting more and more eccentric at Casa de la Swain. Changing styles in my textile work, falling in love again with painting and photography...and then there is the ever illusive quest for continuing creativity through working with Eric Maisel. Still on the road teaching, posting now at the Ragged Cloth Cafe and taking the pledge to keep handmaiden up to date.

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Now For Something Completely Different


I am in the studio today....trying to decide what to work on and moving Thom's stuff off my light box and work table. For some eye candy, here are a few of my favorite Photoshop exercises. Some you may have seen; others you might not have. Somehow my camera keeps me connected to my work. When I don't have time to sketch, sew or journal, the camera becomes my creative media.....and it's instant gratification....well, if you are even slightly adept at Photoshop. The first is a picture of my beloved downtown Fort Worth, a constant inspiration for me.



The second was done for Simple Still Life back when I had more free time to participate. As a lover of blue glass (can you tell?), this reflection in blue always soothes my aching mind. The glass in front was a gift from Chris and Jillaine while they were living in Germany. I shall always treasure it...but wow, what a great photo it made.



The final photo is a study in shadows and layering for an antique effect. I still love black and white photography. It is so graphic, but I decided to soften the edges to heighten the shadows. Just playing around in Photoshop gives you so much freedom to alter without changing the essence of the image.



Final word regarding the on line class. Realizing this is the Christmas season and you are probably all over committed at this point, registration will be open until 15 January. We will start the lessons sometime that week. If you are interested, please email me so I can put you on the list and I will contact you in January. Promise not to bring this up again but I am trying to get my ducks in a row before year end.....like developing the exercises and all those important things. Off to the studio to finish what I started.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: