Things are getting more and more eccentric at Casa de la Swain. Changing styles in my textile work, falling in love again with painting and photography...and then there is the ever illusive quest for continuing creativity through working with Eric Maisel. Still on the road teaching, posting now at the Ragged Cloth Cafe and taking the pledge to keep handmaiden up to date.

Sunday, December 09, 2007

Knitting Maven...Help!




Calling all knitters....can this be saved? Here's the skinny: I wanted to make a neck warmer....not a long scarf but more the length of an ascot. Just long enough to fit under your coat collar or outside of your coat. Along with the knitted piece, I have this way cool pin to use as a closure,keeping the piece in place and said neck warm. I still have the yarn left that you see in the ball along with another skein of said yarn. It obviously hasn't been blocked yet which could help some but I am concerned about the length. So my question is do you think another skein of yarn will make this the length I need? Or should I scrap this and start with another yarn? Quick replies would be appreciated. I don't want to waste any more time on this if it isn't going to work....and therefore need to rapidly get started over. Thanking you in advance for any and all suggestions.

On a happier note, I have two of the hand made projects almost completed. Still can't reveal them but as soon as Christmas Eve arrives, you will be the first to know. I hope they receivers enjoy them as much as I am enjoying making them....and if they don't, I will be happy to add them to my personal collection and gladly given them a lump of coal as a replacement. Of course, with the energy prices such as they are I am not sure I can afford that many lumps of coal....sigh!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Melody Johnson said...

Gosh that yarn is beautiful. I can't tell how wide what you already have knit is and how long you would like it to be when finished..more info please.

Debra said...

I'm with Mel. Scale and measurements, please. How wide is this? (can you unknit and make it a little narrower?) How long is it now? How long do you want it?

atet said...

I'm with the other two commenters -- another skein would probably manage it (if you can get one) but you might just be better off unknitting and making it narrower!