Things are getting more and more eccentric at Casa de la Swain. Changing styles in my textile work, falling in love again with painting and photography...and then there is the ever illusive quest for continuing creativity through working with Eric Maisel. Still on the road teaching, posting now at the Ragged Cloth Cafe and taking the pledge to keep handmaiden up to date.

Thursday, December 06, 2007

Picture Free Post

This post is going to be less than visually stimulating but I promise to post the results at a later date. Reason: we are having a hand made Christmas. I am taking the pledge against over spending and shoving through crowds. Being an artist, hypothetically, I got out all my stuff (unknown for obvious reasons) and have started work on presents for my much loved family.

The only concession I have made is for son Chris and wife Jillaine....we are having home made Mexican food for Christmas Eve. Since some of my kidlets read my blog I can see the smiles on their faces having read Mexican food.

As you can read,I made it home safely from grocery shopping. Still there is something intrinsically wrong with this whole event. You have to drive to the store, put all the goods in the cart, take them out of cart on conveyor belt, pay out the nose, put bags back in cart,load them into the car, drive home, bring said bags into house, take groceries out of bag and put them in their proper places....and then to top it all off you have to cook the stuff. Great run on sentence, huh?

I did succumb to purchasing a yummy carrot cake....munch, munch. One needs to keep up their strength while in the throes of creativity.

2 comments:

Val said...

Well done you on the custom made Christmas. Always goes down well. I started when we were as poor as church mice and then the family begged me to continue. They love the anticipation....what project this year thoughts. I shall look forward to after Christmas and we see what you've done!

Debra said...

I've found that same problem with grocery shopping myself. So much in and out repetition. There should be some one-time only moving!

Enjoy your hand made holiday...