Things are getting more and more eccentric at Casa de la Swain. Changing styles in my textile work, falling in love again with painting and photography...and then there is the ever illusive quest for continuing creativity through working with Eric Maisel. Still on the road teaching, posting now at the Ragged Cloth Cafe and taking the pledge to keep handmaiden up to date.

Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Obsessed but it's a good thing

First, it should be obvious to even the most casual observer that I am addicted to blogging....and second, to quilts. Thought I would show you the progress on the painterly piece that now is being considered a landscape of some sort....any ideas are welcome. Along with that project, the new DVD is out; of course, the original Hand Applique is on back order....wouldn't you just know. If I could get all my productivity on the same level I might be able to really do something.
Tomorrow starts the packing and getting ready for the Big House Quilter's Retreat on Long Island. What a great gig....however, the sad news is that I have to purchase a bathing suit for the hot tub. Oh god, should anyone be subjected to me in a bathing suit....but I will be brave and go for it. These ladies sound like so much fun....I can't wait to be with them. If I can get connected, I will keep you posted...but for sure, when I get home there will be pictures.
Just to let you know how human we all are, while working on the landscape quilt.....I cut a small hole in just the wrong place....yikes! But never fear, applique is very forgiving so I will just slap something groovy over it and shut up about it.....just how I intended.
I know you will all miss my ranting while I am gone but the plane doesn't take off until Sunday...shucks, you have to put up with me for a little longer. In closing, just a few thoughts:
we make our own reality...if we constantly believe we can't do something then the universe will for sure see to it that we don't. Be careful what you ask for because the universe is listening.
My son Craig, already has a daughter he dearly loves, when he found out his wife Kelly was expecting, he commented that he hoped it was another girl.....well, the good old universe got him...they had twin boys. So be as specific as you can with a little wiggle room...like don't ask to be famous...there isn't much telling how that would turn out. Stay focused and get lots of work done.....I'll be watching :)

1 comment:

Debra said...

Gabrielle,

Land's End makes the BEST swimsuits for real women. Ofcourse, you being a size 6 means you can wear anything.

I would suggest, however, you stay away from the tankinis for hottubbing. In our home spa, the air pushes under the top, turning me into a bubble-busted broad in the most unflattering way!

Blog Archive