Things are getting more and more eccentric at Casa de la Swain. Changing styles in my textile work, falling in love again with painting and photography...and then there is the ever illusive quest for continuing creativity through working with Eric Maisel. Still on the road teaching, posting now at the Ragged Cloth Cafe and taking the pledge to keep handmaiden up to date.

Thursday, June 09, 2005

Who said Exercise Can't be Fun?

After finishing an hour long work out with our favorite trainer, Jack, the four of us went to Gloria's, a local Tex-Mex Salavadoran restaurant to celebrate our major ab workout. As you can see we did partake of a few free margaritas...and some mighty good food. Always remember when you work out for an hour, you get to reward yourself for at least two hours. Deb, Dee and I have been together for a couple of years. Kelly joined us tonight as a mothers' day out; she is the mom of
my twin grandsons. Jack was my personal trainer for a year...I always say he is the man that made me the woman I am today. The problem is he is good friends with my husband...so we gotta clarify that statement. Ronnie is always sending messages to Jack through me....like " enough already, we can't afford any more credit card bill for new clothes." I am still working on the size 4 but obviously the margaritas are getting in the way.
Ya know I wouldn't care how much I weighed if I could fit into the size I wanted but somehow there is a correlation there....strange but true. So to end a pefect evening I will try to get some sewing before bed time....wonder what margaritas and stitching create.
Sorry my what you would have done differently post caused some angst.....it was actually meant to be fun. Ya know, like if I had just said yes to the dude on the Harley interesting things might have occured......or if I had actually drank tequilla with Leon Russell when he grabbed me on the stage at 23 (a true story). So don't take it so seriously....and above all never take me seriously, I certainly don't. The universe is all about balance....everthing happens just as it should....go with the flow...don't fight the river.

1 comment:

Karoda said...

no angst over yesterdays here...there are regrets and then there is "living with regrets". i don't have space to live with regrets, heck, too much angst from the here and now hehehehehe its really not what we do, but the lessons we learn (or in my case "re-learn" again and again being the slow learner that i am) that really matter imo.

Blog Archive