Things are getting more and more eccentric at Casa de la Swain. Changing styles in my textile work, falling in love again with painting and photography...and then there is the ever illusive quest for continuing creativity through working with Eric Maisel. Still on the road teaching, posting now at the Ragged Cloth Cafe and taking the pledge to keep handmaiden up to date.

Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Afterthought

I am not sure this approprite blogging etiquette, so I will ask the powers that be. I have some quilts that I would like to sell (back to the studio re-orgnization). My question is would it be appropriate to place them on the blog with prices etc? Don't want to do anything inappropriate so better to ask ahead of time. They are all original design, one of a kind but older work.....back when I did really far out stuff. I await your approval before posting the pictues.....and then we can discuss price. I accept Mastercard and Visa and have a selling philosophy. I know these pieces are a chunck of change so I require half down, just to make sure you are a serious buyer. You a have a year to pay the balance (does the phrase lay away come to mind). I retain the quilt until the balance is paid. If you need longer, just let me know....if I don't hear from you, you forfeit the deposit. Upon completion of payment, I FedEX overnight the quilt to you with bill of sale. I retain the copyright to use the image in anyway but would never make the quilt again to keep your value high. I can provide you with an appraisal if necessary. My only caveat is that while I am alive, if something happens to the quilt, I have the opportunity to repair it. Since it was my intention, I think I might be better suited to fix it.
So that's the deal......I await your thoughts. My children are in schock since they are already in the process of planning my retrospect upon my untimely demise. So to keep them from an installation nightmare, clearing out some work is a good thing.

4 comments:

Gerrie said...

It is ok with me! My daughter sells work on her blog.

Debra said...

Melody has sold small pieces on her blog. It works for me.

Sharon said...

Yes, me too!!!

Diane Perin said...

I think the thing about your blog is that you can use it any way you want. So, go for it...

Blog Archive