Things are getting more and more eccentric at Casa de la Swain. Changing styles in my textile work, falling in love again with painting and photography...and then there is the ever illusive quest for continuing creativity through working with Eric Maisel. Still on the road teaching, posting now at the Ragged Cloth Cafe and taking the pledge to keep handmaiden up to date.

Thursday, September 01, 2005

Anyone There?

I am feeling quite lonely in blog land today. Have I suddenly offended someone? Altogether possible...has my deodrant stopped working? Or possibly I have just become a bore? What a horrible fate. No one seems to be reading my blatherings....even the marvelous art quotes. I am sad.
Just when I need you most...I am in total meltdown over quilt market. Anxiety ridden that I have gone and done something I can't accomplish. For those of you who know me this is not your usual Gabrielle.....the one who can tackle anything, the one who considers taking risk the only way to live.
Ronnie is being good about putting up with my madness but that will come to an end soon. If market was just over and I knew how things went, I would be more relaxed. At this point, even losing money would be acceptable...at least it would be over.

What is wrong with me? I need a good astrologer, psychic or therapist. If I had drugs, I would take them...you know all that stuff that is supposed to keep you calm...better living through chemistry.

Not only am I anxious but I am working my a#$ off....of course, not losing weight but I get stuck in the office first thing in the morning and can't seem to get out of the darn room. There is always something else to do, or to think about getting done.

Now I know why you aren't reading my blog....this is down right boring. So I will shut up whining and try to do something productive....maybe finishing the basting will take my mind to a good place. Have the two smaller pieces basted; left the large one for last. Think needle and thread..always soothing.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

You poor thing! You need a pep talk. I think you are wonderful and although I do not always read your blog word for word, I love your pictures. So maybe you should appeal to the simple minded like moi, and post a picture. How about a nice shot of that sad mug of yours. I bet you are still cute even when you feel down in the dumps!

Debra said...

Gabrielle,

Nobody is reading my blog either.. and guess what?? BlogLines isn't saying that anyone has new blogs.. and blogroll isn't either.

I think the net is overwhelmened today with news/email/blog-aid/etc. for hurricane relief, and the whole system is out of whack.

I couldn't believe that you wouldn't be charming me with your daily blog, so I came over here inspite of the fact that everything said.. "nothing new in Gabrielle's land.."..

Deb R said...

I just got home from yet another quick trip, this one to Cincinnati, so I'm behind on everything...email, blogging, reading/commenting on other blogs, and that doesn't even touch on Real Life! Bah!

Wish I had some good drugs to share, but alas, a margarita is about the best I could offer.

Val said...

I've only just got back from Scotland and your blog was the first one to read! I am overwhelmed with blogs on bloglines all with new stuff but I like to know what you are doing as you lead such a frantic and fascinating existence and I feel I'm not alone! I need time to live too! Don't stop writing! I'm back and I'm reading!

Gerrie said...

Well, you haven't been to my blog either or at least you didn't comment after wondering where I was. I came back and Oh, I don't always comment. I have to be really inspired!! I have a counter and I always look to see if anyone has been around and sure enough, I'll see that 79 people have visited this morning, but only 5 commented. But we love the comments don't we? We are addicted to them!!

Jen said...

Gabrielle,
Of course I read your blog. I am a little behind on everyone's blog this week since it is the first week of fall semester.
I am so sorry that you are having a nervous breakdown over Market. You have just worked so hard that you are wrecked. Take a hot bath a have a cup of tea. You are a genius and you will be fine. Mother Jen says so. Jen

Deb Lacativa said...

I'm reading but am feeling too X to say anything. Overwhelmed by the ugliness and dispair not 500 miles away. Wishing there was more I could do than just write a check. this is as much comment as I can muster. I feel blahhhh.

sharonb said...

you poor chook - here I am waving from down under

Lisa said...

I'm here, but so danged busy now that school has started. Still my day wouldn't be complete without reading your blog. Just no time to comment. As a matter of fact I was just commenting in my blog how few comments there have been lately. I guess we're all busier now. Anywho I really wish I was going to Houston because I want one of them there DVDs of yours!

Blog Archive