Things are getting more and more eccentric at Casa de la Swain. Changing styles in my textile work, falling in love again with painting and photography...and then there is the ever illusive quest for continuing creativity through working with Eric Maisel. Still on the road teaching, posting now at the Ragged Cloth Cafe and taking the pledge to keep handmaiden up to date.

Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Alas...the Best Laid Plans

Things were going beautifully yesterday. The new burner is faster than the operator...so happily, I start to label the Hand Applique dvd's. Bleech! The @##$ thing won't print. Oh, it runs them through very quickly...one might even term it eject...but with no label printed. Being behind already, I went on-line and immediately ordered a new fancy printer. Why, you ask? Somehow it slipped by me that you only get tech support for 30 days on my old printer...after that you are on your own. Does the phrase "obsolete when it gets to your door" come to mind?
And all this was to save time....get my classes to a broader audience...not complicate my life more. Seriously folks, no complaints...just frustration at all this high tech equipment that is way beyond my little gray cells.
On the humorous side, Ronnie took the Honda in for its 60,000 mile check-up...ever vigilant about your ride. All fine and good...guess who is stuck without a car....yep, he is driving my baby. This may not be important in some states but in Texas you get nowhere without wheels. To top it all, he asked me to be sure to get the new license plates for my car.....and I would do that how, sweetheart? Gotta love 'em even when they test your last nerve. Breathe, breathe.
So what does the day hold for a girl without a car? Yep, you got it...working in the studio....a forced day doing art. How bad can that be?
Thanks to my ever viligant, brillant son, Charles for reminding me it was Linda Lovelace...the original deep throat.....what has he been watching? Oy vey, a mother's worry never ends.

No comments:

Blog Archive