Things are getting more and more eccentric at Casa de la Swain. Changing styles in my textile work, falling in love again with painting and photography...and then there is the ever illusive quest for continuing creativity through working with Eric Maisel. Still on the road teaching, posting now at the Ragged Cloth Cafe and taking the pledge to keep handmaiden up to date.

Monday, November 28, 2005

Self Portrait Tuesday November 29

For my last exploration into identity, the choice seemed obvious. Hiding and revealing...leading a very public life but keeping parts of who I am hidden...sometime even from myself. Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Coyote said...

The Children of the Night what... music they make.

Val said...

Great photos Gabrielle. They could almost be of two different people. Interesting thought too re speaking and who one is! Layers and depths!

Olenka said...

Very fine portrayal, Gabrielle. In this photo you are not just hiding, your elbow jutting out at the camera expresses a strong warning for observers to move closer at their own risk.

Deb R said...

This way of expressing the theme seems very "Scorpio" to me! I like both photos but I think I especially like the bottom one, for exactly the reason Olenka mentioned. There's something about the eyes peeking above the angle of your arm that's intriguing.

Blog Archive