Things are getting more and more eccentric at Casa de la Swain. Changing styles in my textile work, falling in love again with painting and photography...and then there is the ever illusive quest for continuing creativity through working with Eric Maisel. Still on the road teaching, posting now at the Ragged Cloth Cafe and taking the pledge to keep handmaiden up to date.

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

The Tale of Two Folds

First, let me report that it is colder than you know what here today. That's what we love about Texas 90 F one day; this morning a brisk 37F. If my mum are fried, I will protest big time. Enough of the weather report, except to say, I am not leaving this house...brr.

Now to the important report: Last night Charles and Christy came over again to fold brocures. To say they deserve the good family merit badge is an understatement. We folded 1,000 brochures last night...an all time high record for us. We usually get so busy talking we forget what we are supposed to be doing. Next Tuesday, they will again graciously come over and finish the job...at which point...off to the distributor.

Just to brag...Christy is so angelic looking; Charles compares her to Venus Rising. You just look at her and sweet vibrations flow over you. On top of that she is smart as a whip, can keep up like a pro with out witty (well, we think it is) reportie. My son is a very luck man which he freely admits to....way to go Charles, you get to spend the rest of your life with this beautiful woman.

Not like you needed a family update but Chris is being officially discharged from the Army in January. Thank you, thank you. He has enough leave saved that he will be off starting November 25. My precious son will soon be out of harm's way...except for the fact that he still drives like he is on the AutoBahn or on the streets of Iraq in a tank. Not much call for either in Texas.

Craig, Kelly and the twins are doing well. Craig is working incredible hours, runs aroung with his blackberry buzzing all the time; Kelly obviously has her hands full with two about to be toddlers; and now has the major decision of exactly how to color her bangs. Well, you know I would suggest multiple blond shades but she gets to decide and I know it will be gorgeous. She has the perfect coloring for it.

Last but not least....my last convesation with Thomas. "Are you coming home for Thanksgiving? "Yep" "How's school going?" "It's finals week, I gotta go....love you mom and Happy Birthday"
A man of few words but at least you know what is going on.

Sewing accomplished: nada.....what is the matter with me? Yesterday spent at the grocery store, bank and the shippers. Got home in time for the folding party...went to bed exhausted. My poor needles are feeling so lonely. I must visit them and soon.

Another fabric update: Talked with a friend and fellow fabric designer yesterday....many thanks even though she will remain nameless. She gave me great direction and explanations that the first fabric company should have done....you know like author submission guidelines. Now I have a plan, thanks to dear friend, so I am not going to give up on this just yet. Stay tuned for the progess. The biggest compliment she gave me was that there was nothing wrong with my favorite design; instead the fabric company just didn't know how to accomplish it. Above is a photo of the design I will be building a collection around.

No comments:

Blog Archive