Things are getting more and more eccentric at Casa de la Swain. Changing styles in my textile work, falling in love again with painting and photography...and then there is the ever illusive quest for continuing creativity through working with Eric Maisel. Still on the road teaching, posting now at the Ragged Cloth Cafe and taking the pledge to keep handmaiden up to date.

Thursday, November 03, 2005

What Next?


Patiently waiting for me to get started

The studio is done except for the wall of hand dyes (see below). So now I am feeling very self righteous, wall of shame not included. Have the whole day to myself and for the life of me cannot decide what to do. There is a deadline for "Sea Stones" and as you can see still lots of quilting to go...not to mention the dreaded sleeve and label....oh how I hate doing those. The natural thing to do would be to spend the day quilting and get some real progress made.
However, see all that paper and paint just waiting for me to come play. Very hard to resist and also a necessary project just a longer deadline.
For a Scorpio, I sure am waffling all over the place....or rather piddling as sweet Ronnie calls it. I am a master piddler...just going from one thing to the next instead of doing one thing at a time. Try it some time...before you know it the day is over and you have absolutely nothing to show for it. Except a great sense that you got lots done even if no one else notices.
Piddling example: All that empty space on my fabric shelves is just calling for wonderful inspirational stuff to be placed on it. What a fun day that would be. And we all know I have stuff to put there, but it is absolutely unnecessary with the deadlines looming. However, it would be fabulous piddling.
I have even warned Ronnie before he left for work that this is left-over night because I have so much to do...heh, heh, heh. We know he won't notice. I could be standing on my head in the middle of the living room and he would just say, "Hi, dear. I'm home."
Will have to put on my "professional quiltmaker" hat and make a decision as the hours of the day rapidly slip away. Hope tomorrow's report actually has some work in it.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Marty52 said...

You have really kicked some serious butt on that studio! You are so brave to pack up all that fabric... whatcha gonna do with it??

Blog Archive