Things are getting more and more eccentric at Casa de la Swain. Changing styles in my textile work, falling in love again with painting and photography...and then there is the ever illusive quest for continuing creativity through working with Eric Maisel. Still on the road teaching, posting now at the Ragged Cloth Cafe and taking the pledge to keep handmaiden up to date.

Sunday, July 10, 2005

An Almost Perfect Day

Yesterday was a stellar...take note of new purchases. Even better, the new pieces finally revealed themselves to me. They might not be the best work ever done but now they feel like me...this could be scary or even dangerous...but there it is none the less.

Also, I had named the larger piece Jambalaya and it was not happy with that at all. Kept using four letter words every time that name was applied so....after viewing them in the new orientation, a new name was required. My English Lit and Philosophy degrees can be a help or a demon. All these words start floating around at the weirdest hours. Sitting at the hair salon, in Victoria's Secret buying a new bra, watering the new landscaping....you get the picture. Words, phrases...constant babble.

After a good night's sleep, woke up with the word "Monologue" in neon at the frontal lobe.....and so the series will be Monologue.....which, of course, implies one person talking to an audience but to me will be talking to myself....get the little men in the white coats.

After deleting Mrs. Dalloway as my book identity...just didn't fit. I took the test again and came up as Catch 22...much better. Now as to being an animal: horse; a country, Turkey (go figure); and as a state, Alaska...which I gotta say would be better than Texas right now.

Enough nattering....I can already feel the shoe envy from debr.

1 comment:

Deb R said...

Oooooohhhhh. Ok, yeah, the quilts are coming along nicely (yay you!), but the SHOES! The cute bag! Oh, you did good, Gabrielle!!

Blog Archive