Things are getting more and more eccentric at Casa de la Swain. Changing styles in my textile work, falling in love again with painting and photography...and then there is the ever illusive quest for continuing creativity through working with Eric Maisel. Still on the road teaching, posting now at the Ragged Cloth Cafe and taking the pledge to keep handmaiden up to date.

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Summertime Blue

It hit yesterday....like a Mac truck. Ran around most of the day getting things squared away to get mother in laws car transferred to Jillaine and Chris. Came home and fell on the couch...never wanting to move again. But being the dedicated soul (read obsessive-complusive) that I am finally managed to get butt off said couch and into studio....and shut my mouth, energy sparked. Worked out all the rest of the Albers piece which is now officially named, Jambalaya. All that's left is applique and surface design. Amazing how being in the studio brings out the best in me....not that the best is anything to write home about but for me, it's as good as it gets.

I am still promising pictures by the end of the week....don't know if the surface design wil be finished but surely the sewing will be, so stay tuned.

Now to the blues part: debr got mentioned on the Manolo's blog. My life is over, me the collector of as many shoes as possible...now trying to figure out how to get the Manolo to notice my shoes. Should I photograph them all and post to the blog dreaming of being noticed? Should I just forget it and go spend a huge dollar amount on a new pair of shoes? This quandry is disturbing my chi.

On top of that she has managed to finish reading two books....does the woman sleep? I am currently reading like five books and can't seem to get past the middle of any of them. Plus there are ladies on the ring knitting as well. I am surrounded by wonder women. My poor knitting is sitting in a pile on top of the books that I should be reading.

Analysis: I am a slug....or at least, a one trick pony. All I do is make quilts....think about making quilts....talk about making quilts....have no friends who don't make quilts. There is a neurosis in here somewhere. Someone save me from myself......nah, don't mess with the crazy person....just walk on the other side of the street when you see me coming.

4 comments:

Gerrie said...

You have to make a quilt with cool shoes in it then I will e-mail The Manolo the link. I have an e-mail from The Manolo thanking me for sending the link -should I save it for posterity? Just having lots of nice shoes is not enough!!

Deb R said...

At least you're making quilts. Everything I've done in the stoooodio for the past week or has engendered the distinct sound of rock suckage.

I wouldn't give up the Manolo mention even for a quilt idea though. That was just too much fun. (smiles)

Sharon said...

I am curious -what do you read?

Anonymous said...

Nuthin' wrong with being a one trick pony...as long as you do that trick very, very well. You have nothing to worry about.

I prescribe a trip to Nordstrom's for a pair of very nice shoes (I love to look, alas, I have so much trouble with my feet and knees, I can't wear most of the beautiful shoes there...but I can drool over them....)

I am trying to work....but, as Meg predicted, I have had a real problem adjusting back down to working in my tiny space after having that lovely space at QSDS.

Oh, and I am reading "The Ultimate Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy." I read the first of the books when it came out years ago so now I have reread the first and have now managed to work my way through to "Life, the Universe and Everything." Checked the book out of the library just before I left for QSDS and I am only 1/2 way through...gotta finish by the 14th as someone is waiting for it.....

teri

Blog Archive