Things are getting more and more eccentric at Casa de la Swain. Changing styles in my textile work, falling in love again with painting and photography...and then there is the ever illusive quest for continuing creativity through working with Eric Maisel. Still on the road teaching, posting now at the Ragged Cloth Cafe and taking the pledge to keep handmaiden up to date.

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Words, Words everywhere and not a Book Read

Sharlee aked what I was reading, rather not getting read. Was going to post pictures of the said books but this is faster...a simple list.....so here sharlee just gor you:

1. The Devil and the White City

2.The Dante Club Matthew Pearl

3.Conspiracy of Fools Kurt Eichenwald

4. The Great Influenza John M. Barry

5. The Travel Detective Peter Greenberg

6. It Can't Happen Here Sinclair Lewis

7. Getting Things Done: The Art of Streess Free Productivity David Allen

Where is my head? Focus, pick one and get on with it but they each call to me at different times so I don't want to offend any of them. Also for me, it is what kind of mood I am in...usually pulp fiction I can finish in a day. As a matter of fact, did just finish the new Alex Delaware mystery by Jonathan Kellerman during a recent flight home. Does it help that I read over 1500 words a minute? Well, I did when I was young...they gave me some kindna test discovered how fast I read and wanted to put me in the traveling circus. My mom to her credit said no. So I am not sure I still read that fast but pretty fast...now the question is retention of what I read. If it is pulp fiction it is for pleasure so it's gone as fast as it came in. Other stuff I try to hold on to it a little longer.
Thanks for asking Sharlee...now that they are listed it seems even more overwhelming.

2 comments:

Debra said...

Giggles...

You must admit that last one: Getting Things Done... is highly ironic in this list!!

Is The Great Influenza about the last pandemic or about the fears of the next pandemic??

Interesting booklist.. makes mine look so mundane.

Nikki said...

I just finished The Dante Club. I had to put it down for a bit because it was grossing me out, but I ended up liking it. I usually have multiple books going, one for every mood.

Blog Archive