Things are getting more and more eccentric at Casa de la Swain. Changing styles in my textile work, falling in love again with painting and photography...and then there is the ever illusive quest for continuing creativity through working with Eric Maisel. Still on the road teaching, posting now at the Ragged Cloth Cafe and taking the pledge to keep handmaiden up to date.

Thursday, July 14, 2005

Quick Turn Around

The trip to Brazos Bluebonnet Guild was some fun. What a great group of ladies.....and got home about 7 last night. They worked on reverse applique all day and accomplished tons. I Love teaching this class...opens up so many possibilities....and lots of quilts to think about.

Today is going to be a lazy sewing day for me. After driving four hours both way, lecturing and teaching, I am giving myself a treat. However, there is trouble brewing. Someone stop me quick. Therapy is required. What is the problem? For a week or so, the desire to clean my house has been growing stronger and stronger. Not just dust and sweep but clean the pantry, move furniture, get rid of the clutter, scrub the bathroom until it shines. What can be happening to me? There are even thoughts of organizing running around in my beady little mind. Is this a sudden change in personality? Help me, please.

No new quilt news but fingers are itching to start cutting fabric for the next design. Never a girl to work on one thing at a time, this is getting out of hand. I have three tops going..one ready to layer, two still being constructed and one design on the light box. Hmm, maybe this makes me a quiltmaker with UFO's...yikes...not my usual style.

On the reading front, I highly recommend Conspiracy of Fools from my previous reading list. Kurt Eichenwald hs done an incredible job of revealing the Enron debacle. The book is huge so work out before trying to hold it...but it is well worth the work. I see it not just as the Enron story but an indicement of the entire corporate culture.

2 comments:

Debra said...

Welcome home Gabrielle... I will be Home tomorrow afternoon...

home...

such a short word for heaven...

smarcoux said...

Gab well holding out on us!!! found this pic of you on the web ... linked from Dijanne Cevaals blog
http://www.victorianquilters.org/index_files/Page1249.htm

Sandy

Blog Archive