Things are getting more and more eccentric at Casa de la Swain. Changing styles in my textile work, falling in love again with painting and photography...and then there is the ever illusive quest for continuing creativity through working with Eric Maisel. Still on the road teaching, posting now at the Ragged Cloth Cafe and taking the pledge to keep handmaiden up to date.

Monday, December 05, 2005

Self Portrait Tuesday Dec 6

The mystery of almost being present. A fading image of who you are, were, will be. I love that although I am present in this photograph, I am also almost absent. Shot in the flashing on my bathroom wall. Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

jenclair said...

Has an eery feeling (partly from the almost sepia tone) and meets this week's requirements. Initially, I thought it was the Virgin Mary and was going to suggest you try Ebay!!

Using the flashing was an excellent idea, and I can't wait to check out the othe self portraits!

Deb R said...

Very cool, Gabrielle. It has the murkiness of an old painting, like you know there's something there, but can barely see the form of it.

Blog Archive