Things are getting more and more eccentric at Casa de la Swain. Changing styles in my textile work, falling in love again with painting and photography...and then there is the ever illusive quest for continuing creativity through working with Eric Maisel. Still on the road teaching, posting now at the Ragged Cloth Cafe and taking the pledge to keep handmaiden up to date.

Monday, January 30, 2006

Getting It All Packed

As you can see I have spread myself all over this room. How did I get it all here in the first place? Nothing to do but get on with it. Going to pack as much as possible today and throw all the last minute stuff in tomorrow morning. Flight leaves at 1 p.m. Australian time and I will be home at D/FW by 5:30 p.m. Wow! what a short flight. If only that were true. One hour to Sydney, 16 to LA and 3 to D/FW but going east so I keep getting back time. Wonder if you just flew around over the Pacific date line if you would never grow a year older.....of course, you would be a peanut, all shriveled from breathing the re-cycled air.
So tomorrow I will be back in the USSR...apologies to John and Paul...that would be the good old US of A. Can't wait to see sweet Ronnie. Posted by Picasa


Caitlin said...

travel safe, sweetie, and come back soon! Next time, bring Ronnie and do a tour, yes?!

Sharon said...

Yes, G have a wonderful and safe trip home... I would be delighted to stay in touch and then next year... I agree with caitlin bring Ronnie next time... do you think he would like Chloe??? I thought of all the other great places I could have taken you but again perhaps next year...

Take care

Sharon Hunting xxx

PaMdora said...

Now that I'm home, I was glad to get caught up on your trip to Australia. Great photos and great work! Did you get a chance to see much of the plant life there? I would think it would be very inspiring to your work. Hope you don't have too much jet lag though.

Robbi Joy Eklow said...

Glad you got home safely, Gabrielle!
I flew from Melbourne, to Auckland, to LA, then to Chicago. 3.5, 11 and then 3 hours. Spent two days in my pajamas. Made a lunch date the next day to force myself out of the house and into real clothes.


Robbi Joy Eklow said...

WOW! I love your journal of the trip. EXCELLENT pictures! Great job.

Thanks for sharing all this.


Blog Archive